Completed Passport for a Minor
An appearance by both parents and the minor at a Passport Acceptance Office is required and a mandatory step of your passport order. If only one parent can appear then a Special Circumstances DS-3053 form must be completed and notarized along with the copy of missing parent's ID.
They will put all of your documents including your check and original documents in a sealed package and hand it back to you. Which needs to be dropped at our office to start the process.
When making your appearance you will pay a Government fee of $140 and a separate execution fee of $25. Make sure to have a cashiers check or money order made payable to the, "US Department of State" in the amount of $140 with you. The $25 execution fee can be paid by Debit card or Cash.
Special notes regarding a Passport for a Minor:
- Applicants must be below 16 years of age
- All children including newborns must have their own passport
- Please do remember the child Social Security Number. If they ever had one.
- Must be completed online, it cannot be handwritten
- Must be printed on single sheets of paper - double sided printing is not allowed
- Do not sign the application until you appear infront of an Acceptance Agent
Proof of US Citizenship
Please provide an original or a certified copy of one of the following:
- Certified birth certificate (Long-form not abstract)
- Consulate Report of Birth Abroad Certificate
- Naturalization Certificate
- A certified copy of birth has the registrar's raised, embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal.
- The long-form birth certificates must have the full names of the applicant's parents, if not please If you do not meet the requirements view
- To order a certified copy of your birth certificate Click here
Proof of Identification
Please provide the original of one of the following:
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid State or Government Identification
- Valid Military Identification
- If you cannot submit primary identification, please see Secondary Identification.
- If you have undergone or are going through gender transition, see additional requirements.
Current US Passport
- You must submit your current passport which is not a damaged passport
- The expired passport will be returned to you along with the new passport
Letter of Authorization will be issued when you come in person. If you are not coming to our office and doing it by mail. Please Call (512)-905-2001 for Authorization Letter
- You must include a copy of your flight itinerary or ticket holdings
- If You do not have a Travel Itinerary or ticket Please call: (310) 446-4130
One Passport Photo
- PASSPORT PHOTO SERVICES AVAILABLE IN OUR OFFICE LOCATION
- Must be 2x2in on a white background (Recent Photo within one month)